This Talbot is one of the first T26s. It is very early model and third cabriolet. This means, the car is still very much as the pre-war Talbots with front wings separated from running boards or window lift system as the T150. This Talbot T26 was ordered by The Prince “De La Tour d’Auvergne” on his address in Argentina, just to ensure priority delivery due to payment in foreign currency. Car was delivered on 17 of June 1947 and later in 1998 was back on the market, when the car was bought as a restoration project by well-known French collector Maurice Marques, who restored the car regardless the costs.
As a last project of Mr. Marques, he put a lot of effort into this car. The restoration lasted for 6.5 years and only requirement was for high quality and to keep its originality. It means, the car was restored to nut and bolt and during the restoration, there was also used some new old stock parts. Since the restoration was done the car was driven just for less than 600 kms. There is a lot of pictures from restoration process and factory builtsheets.